Written by locals, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
The lights, the sounds, the energy: New York City is the quintessential American city, an exciting, constantly changing destination that people visit over and over. Fodor’s New York City, with color photos throughout, captures the universal appeal of the city’s world-renowned museums, iconic music venues, Broadway spectacles, and, of course, gastronomic delights.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor’s Choice designating our top picks
· In-depth breakout features on World Trade Center/Ground Zero, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and The American Museum of Natural History
· Major sights such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square, Empire State Building, Museum of Art, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, and the High Line
· Coverage of Lower Manhattan; Soho, Nolita, Little Italy, and Chinatown; The East Village and the Lower East Side; Greenwich Village and the West Village; Chelsea and the Meatpacking District; Union Square, the Flatiron District, and Gramercy Park; Midtown East; Midtown West; The Upper East Side; Central Park; The Upper West Side; Harlem; Brooklyn; Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island
Planning to focus on Brooklyn? Check out Fodor’s Brooklyn travel guide.